January 15, 2016
Antibiotic-resistant superbugs are a major detriment to society, with the latest predictions estimating that by 2050 they will kill more people than the number who currently die from cancer. But the problem is not necessarily the drug companies that produce them or the corporate mega-farms that buy them, but rather the government regulatory structure that has been actively perpetuating their use for at least the past half-decade.
Often missing from the conversation as to who is responsible for this escalating problem is the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the nation’s top dog when it comes to legal drug use. Not only has the FDA long set the standard for the use of antibiotic drugs in livestock, which is believed to be the prevailing cause of drug-resistant superbugs, but the agency has also put at an economic disadvantage farms and drug manufacturers that are trying to utilize other less-destructive means of keeping livestock healthy and food safe.
The FDA has known since the 1970s that the advent of superbugs, which possess a mutated resistance to antibiotics, might eventually threaten public health on a large scale. But the agency has repeatedly failed to address the problem, instead demanding more power over food production. The result, as explained by Alice Salles of PanAm Post, has been an increase in generic regulations that have only further promulgated the spread of superbugs.
“Whatever the stated goals may have been, Washington, DC’s one-size-fits-all approach eventually caused a boom in the use of antibiotic-ridden feeds, thus increasing the occurrence of superbugs,” she wrote.
Continue Reading At: NaturalNews.com
By: John Vibes
Robert Francis Kennedy, Jr, son of Robert Francis “Bobby” Kennedy, and nephew of John F Kennedy has been speaking out strongly against big pharma in recent public appearances. Robert Kennedy is a long time environmental activist who has been outspoken on a number of topics for most of his life.
Speaking with former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura on an episode of “Off The Grid“, Kennedy revealed that 70% of ad revenue for major news networks comes from big pharma.
“I ate breakfast last week with the president of a network news division and he told me that during non-election years, 70% of the advertising revenues for his news division come from pharmaceutical ads. And if you go on TV any night and watch the network news, you’ll see they become just a vehicle for selling pharmaceuticals. He also told me that he would fire a host who brought onto his station a guest who lost him a pharmaceutical account,” Kennedy said.
Robert F Kennedy Jr. testified before the Vermont House Health Care Committee on May 5, 2015, discussing big pharma’s influence in the CDC. A video of his testimony can be viewed below:
Like many of the business issues we are facing today, the problem with the drug industry is that it is controlled by a government protected corporate cartel. This allows a select few corporations to dominate the market, preventing entrepreneurs from developing new products that could threaten this monopoly. Without having to worry about any kind of competition this cartel can make their products as harmful and ineffective as they like. Thanks to government protections they are able to make their products more addicting and less effective so they can create return customers and extend their profits. If a medication is effective in curing a patient then they won’t continually use and purchase that drug because they will have no need to do so. However, if the drug is mediocre and has addictive properties then it will become a regular part of the patient’s monthly budget.
This deceptive strategy proved to be quite lucrative so the drug companies launched a massive advertising campaign to peddle a wide variety of ineffective and unnecessary drugs to a trusting and ignorant public. This industry actually spends more money on advertising than they do on research and development every single year. That fact alone shows that they are more interested in making sales than producing a well-researched and effective drug. Today’s television and radio commercial spots are dominated by advertisements for mediocre pharmaceuticals. Companies pay billions of dollars per year on advertising alone and their investment comes back many times over. This advertising budget includes “incentives” for personal care providers to overwrite prescriptions, or in other words bribes for doctors to sell more drugs.
Continue Reading At: TrueActivist.com
In the latest interview [below] by VictoryIndependence, the founder of Council For Vaccine Safety, Brandy Vaughan, is interviewed on the dangers of vaccinations. As a recent whistleblower coming directly from the pharmaceutical industry, Vaughan was a former employee with Merck and is now warning people of the dangers that are implicit in vaccination.
Topics discussed are:
– Details of the history of the SB277 Bill that forces parents to vaccinate their children, thus netting Big Pharma untold amounts in profits.
-Her background as a whistleblower.
– Current and upcoming vaccine schedules in comparison to other countries.
– Amish people not vaccinating and not having nigh any issues compared to folks that do.
– The importance of plumbing, sewage, sanitation and clean water in health vs. vaccinations.
– Measles, mumps being normal 30 years ago and the fact that they don’t affect you like the media claims.
– 1986 the Pharmaceutical Industry was granted federal immunity from prosecution from vaccine reactions. Ask yourself why they would need to if vaccines are so safe?
– After 1986 vaccine profits skyrocketed and vaccine schedules increased largely as well.
– According to studies, Big Pharma can spend between 3x-10x more on marketing than research.
– Harvard students standing up against their professors getting paid by Big Pharma
– How 40-50% of all advertising media gets comes directly from Pharmaceutical Industry, thus making it nigh impossible for reporters to question the very hand that feeds them.
– How the US is only country in the world where people take their children to the Doctor when they are healthy.
– Heavy Metal toxicity issues
– Developmental delays and disabilities [ADHD, Autism, speech delays].
– Autism higher in males than females because testosterone binds to heavy metals
– Autoimmune disorders
– Neurological Issues
– Vaccines not classified as drugs, which makes their regulations way more lax, when the opposite should be the case. Bug vaccines are in fact drugs, they do have chemicals, and are being injected directly instead of ingested and they go straight to the vital organs.
Additional information can be found at: http://www.learntherisk.org/