Source: GuildBrookeFarms | SustainableLiving
November 10, 2016
On April 25, 2015 a 7.8 magnitude earthquake destroyed the small country of Nepal; killing over 9,000 people and injuring over 25,000. I was there. This is my untold story with never-before-seen earthquake footage that changed my perspective about how to live my life.
What Happened in this SHTF Scenario:
– Power Outages (electric and heat)
– Broken Septic Systems
– Unsafe Drinking Water
– No Cell Service
– No Public Transportation (including ambulances, police and firetrucks)
– Broken Roads (motorbikes only)
– No or Minimal Housing
– No Stores, Banks, ATMs, Gas Stations
– No or Limited Airports (including inbound relief)
– No or Limited Government Support or Aid
– No Waste Disposal
– No Body Disposal or Cleanup (odor and illness)
Prepping Steps that Helped in this SHTF Situation:
– Food and Water Storage
– Generator for Low Voltage Lighting and Charging Devices
– Land Line Telephone
– Tents and Camping Supplies for Displacement
– Protection from Looters
– First Aid
– Method for Off-Grid Cooking and Boiling Water
If you have some tips or a video on SHTF survival or survival prep, please be sure to leave a comment or link below. We encourage community and want to provide access to a variety of information so viewers can make their own informed decisions about the topics we cover.
Be sure to subscribe, we have a lot of videos coming out on homesteading, simple living, prepping, food storage, and healthy recipes. Follow us on our journey to become more self-reliant.
Thanks for watching!
Jaime and Jeremy