April 25, 2017
The Athens Medical Association of Athens, Greece, held a conference April 1st regarding “Non-Ionizing Radiation and Its Effects on Human Health” where scientific lectures were presented along with 16 recommendations to reduce exposures and human health adverse effects. Question: Why hasn’t the American Medical Association done the same? Good question?
Here are those 16 Recommendations for Wireless Use Safety:
- Use your cell phone with caution and make brief calls as necessary
- Children under the age of 14 should make limited use of cell phones
- Do not put your cell phone in contact with your head
- Do not use your cell phone inside a car, train, aeroplane, or elevator
- Restrict cell phone use when children or pregnant women are near.
- Keep mobile phones away from your body
- When using your cell phone keep a safe distance from others
- Do not carry or keep your cell phone inside your pockets
- At night, disengage Wi Fi on your router and switch off your mobile phone.
- Do not play games on-line and if you do, switch to airplane mode
- Hands Free option is always preferable though may not be completely safe
- Wireless connections may increase your exposure to microwave radiation
- Limit Wi Fi connectivity and use hard wired connection whenever possible
- When signal strength is weak do not attempt to make a call
- If a landline is available make use of this as a preferred option
- Disengage Wi Fi, Bluetooth & Data options from your phone when are not needed [sic] [1,2]
George Patoulis MD, President of the Athens Medical Association, said that AMA, “in emphasizing its role and duties as guardian for public health, has taken steps to encourage and promote this open discussion dealing with the delicate issues of electromagnetic radiation. Mr. Patoulis stressed that all local authorities and all medical associations are obliged to adopt and apply the best possible practices available in today’s world, aiming primarily at the protection of our fellow citizens.” 
The Athens meeting attendees were told about Cyprus’s  “action on mobile phone masts.
IMMEDIATE measures must be taken in order to protect the public, and especially children, from the electromagnetic radiation of mobile telephone masts.”  The residents of Apostolos Andreas in Limassol planned a demonstration over the immediate removal of a mobile telephone mast from their area, which was next to a school of over 1,500 pupils.  Can you imagine that type of demonstration ever happening in the USA where consumers either don’t know or don’t care about the effects of EMFs/RFs from microwaves affecting their children’s health?
Here’s a less than five minute video in Greek with English subtitles featuring precious Greek children emphasizing the Cyprus National Committee on Environment and Children’s Health advice about wireless exposures.