“If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.”
By: Zy Marquiez
January 1, 2016
After seeing a post from another fellow blogger [and am thankful for this person for doing it, because its prompted this very post], it occurred to me that although daily goals are a part of my life and have helped me greatly when employed, it hadn’t occurred to me to write my goals for 2016.
For myself, am of a mind that every day should be lived to the fullest extent. That might not always be possible, but if we keep that notion in the back of our mind it’s a lot easier to accomplish a lot more by gravitating towards that which drives us in life.
Some of these goals might seem simple, some of them overly complex. However, as mentioned in a previous blog called ‘What Is The Best Use Of Your Time‘, the average person spends 5 hours watching TV daily.
With the above fact in mind, it was found that:
“In an entire 168 hour work-week where the average person spends, 56 hours a week sleeping, and 40 hours a week working, that leaves one with 72 hours free. If one were to spend 35 hours a week viewing television, then that would leave 37 hours of free time. That’s nearly half of all of one’s available time spent watching television. That seems ludicrous, does it not?”
That’s a lot of free time that could be used doing something else besides watching tv.
On the flip side of that, my niche is reading. Reading, reading, reading and more reading. Reading things of many genres and about countless topics. Sprinkle some writing around that and still we got some reading. This is how assimilating so much information becomes simpler.
The other thing is that, at the back end of my life, the thought of having spent so much time doing something that brings almost nothing of real value would mean a life half wasted so to speak. That’s just not acceptable. We’re here to kick ass, take names, and blow the lids off the box of mediocrity. Anything else would just be selling my-self short.
In any case, here are the goals:
– Continue fostering the great relationships that have helped me grow as an individual.
– Meet new people, and learn as much as possible not only from them, but from the paths that they have chosen to walk, regardless of their reason.
– Be even more inquisitive than in the past
– Follow my instincts all of the time, no matter how big or small the issue might be.
– Read 100 books, or 20,000 pages within books. Whatever comes first between those two. [This does not count pages read by articles/papers researched]. As an inquiring mind, am always looking for more ways to learn more so…
– A side goal to above is that 10 of the 100 books need to be philosophy books.
– Read 1500 articles health, science, finance, history, etc.
– Write at least 50 book reviews for the blog. This is to help give back to others.
– Write 50 poems of any type. This one is mainly to keep fostering my personal creativity.
– Paint 50 paintings. This one am new at [and am incredibly thankful for Jon Rappoport for mentioning it quite often], but it’s still something that like writing and poetry, helps vault imagination forward. So onward we will go.
– Workout for minimum 30 minutes a day at least 5 times a week. Health is a very important aspect of my life, and slacking here would be highly detrimental.
– Take my time before carrying out all decisions in my life. This will be the most complex, but it will yield the greatest results. It is also a very general goal, but it actually will couple to every part of my life.
– Lastly, continue to add content to the blog and grow the blog up to at least 500 regular readers or ‘followers’ [hate that word] on wordpress. Its been great being able to interact and see how much variety there is to be had within the interwebz blogosphere realm, so am looking forward to more.
Most of these goals revolve around helping others as others have helped me, as well as pushing myself beyond my current state of mind/health/life.
Its all about wanting more – doing more.
It’s about breaking away.
And since everything great at its most nascent stage begins with a choice, these are my choices.
What are your choices/goals for 2016?
Would love to hear them.
Good luck in 2016 and Happy New Years to you all.